Wednesday, January 31, 2007

YES!!!!

I called a number of times to the guy at the zoning office on Monday to see if he could give me an answer regarding the building permit for the tower. He was never in, so I left a voice mail for him to call me. So, I called my local member of the Board of Supervisors for the county and left a message for him to call me. I also called the County Admininstrator, but he was not in and I decided I would call him back later if needed. I then sat back and just waited. Then, Monday afternoon, I got a call from the guy at the zoning office saying that he was going to sign off on his portion of the permit. I asked what the county attorney's office had said and he started reading some obscure section of the code, but not pertaining to what I was wanting, but I figured that if he was going to sign off, who cares!!! So, I will have to run down to the county offices sometime this week between sleep and work and see if I can pick up the permit. I might try to pick it up on Thursday or Friday as that would be the earliest I could do it. It just depends on the work load at the office. I know that I have to write evaluations over the next week or so, so it will not be top priority on my list. I will call the code compliance office tomorrow to see if everything is set and to get a price of the permit. Monday afternoon the supervisor called and said that he would make sure that this was something that the county addressed and he asked for the state code section so that he could get the county staff to get this taken care of.

Not only was it a tower day, but I also got an envelope of 35 cards from the bureau for my old call. There was only one new country in the stack, but there were a couple of cards for new bands so that was pretty good. I also received a number of cards from the 30 envelopes of QSL cards I sent out last week. A very good day QSL wise also!!!!

Last night and tonight (Tuesday night), I have been sorting my cards for the next batch to the bureau. It will probably be on the order of 2 pounds worth. Hopefully, I will get back some new bands from this batch. I also have a number of cards that I need to send out direct to DX stations for new countries. So, sending the cards to the bureau is just a start to getting caught up on DX cards. I will be taking a short break because I am hoping to operate the ARRL DX contest from W4MYA's super contest station this year. But then, I will have WPX to look forward to in March and that is a good one for DX contacts. Of course, any DXpedition is fair game also. I would like to be at the 200 worked level by next year at this time. I am close to 150 worked now, so we will have to see. Of course, with the addition of the tower and tri-bander, I am hoping that the totals will rise even more.

Lots of things to do over the next few weeks and months here and I hope that all of the effort will pay off soon with a good contest/DX station.

No comments: