Saturday, February 10, 2007

Things are moving along

Well, things are falling into place. Thursday, Larry and I went and picked up the tower building permit. I was quite pleased that the permit only cost $50 since I am not a wealthy man. Of course, my priorities are my family and a minimal cost always helps when making changes or repairs to the station. Now, it is just a matter of getting a hole dug and filled with concrete. As we are expecting some frigid temperatures for about a week, I am going to see how things shake out.

Today, while I was taking a nap (because I had not slept since before I went to work last night) the replacement boom piece came from Cushcraft. I also ordered the parts to replace the boots on the traps and the end caps for the elements and booms. So, when the weather breaks, there is another project. The nice thing is that when the tower and tri-bander go up, the antenna will be just like new.

So, this means that things are moving in the direction we want them to take. Of course, this is not a month where there are the major contests that I participate in, so this will give me an opportunity to do some work on the station. I will be off for a few days later this month, so it could be that I might be able to get the majority of this work done then. We will just have to see how things go. It would be wonderful to start the month of March with a drastically new station!

No comments: