Saturday, February 10, 2007

The BUMS DXpedition

I am kinda "bummed" out that I did not get a chance to work this one. I just completed changing over to a new work schedule that caused me to work 10 days straight and included a change in my sleeping pattern. Now that I am working the new schedule of 10pm until 6am Sunday through Thursday, I hope to be in a better position for working some new countries and getting my DX totals up, along with being able to work in some contests that I have never had the opportunity to participate in.

I was hoping to not only make contact with them, but to even attempt to use my Buddipole to do so, but it was just not to be. Plus, I was not really looking forward to freezing my butt off playing radio. It has been really cold her for about the past week and so that has also tended to limit my initiative to work on the radio. Maybe one day I will have the shack better heated, but for now, it can get very frigid out there!!!

So, I have missed one DXpedition that I really wanted to make contact with. Fortunately, I have Montserrat in the log for DXCC, but it is still a loss for me.

No comments: