Thursday, April 19, 2007

Lots of activity

The club is anxiously getting ready for our special event station in May.  We are working at getting our operators lined up and everything ready to go.   My personal goal is for us to have 1000 contacts in the log by the end of the period we have the special event call (W4J).  I don’t know if we will meet that goal or not, but it sure would be nice!!!  Queen Elizabeth II is coming the week before our Jamestown special event so we want to have a nice warm ham welcome for her also using the special event call.  I will be working the entire weekend of the Jamestown celebration, so I won’t be able to have much time to operate.  I am hoping to at least work our special event station.

 

Millie (KI4MNE) has put up a ham blog and she is very excited about getting involved.  She wants to learn more about contesting and DXing, so I want to do my part to get her going in those areas.

 

Hopefully, the weather will break and I can start digging the tower foundation.  I really want to get that up in the air soon!!

 

No comments: