Tuesday, December 19, 2006

The tower has arrived!!!


Well, this gem arrived about 11am this morning and I was very happy to see it. Now the paperwork begins. I am hoping that we will get a couple of good warm days this winter and the tower can be up before the weather breaks. I have to see what the county requires for paperwork and then start jumping through the hoops. But, it is sure a welcome sight. I was amazed at just how light the tower truly is. With a rotor and antenna on it, it should weigh less than 150 pounds total. It is much more expensive than the Rohn 25G, but as it will not require maintenance, it should make up for the difference.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is that tower coming along? I am looking at the 21-40 from them.

How much did shipping cost you? If shipping is too much... I'll just go for a Rohn 25 house bracketed. (But I like the self supporting idea better... I can put it in the yard... http://ac0dv.webhop.net )

My zoning says no height limts on towers for amateur use and the building permit people say 40' and less... no permit needed. I even mentioned that a 40' tower would actually end up being about 41' feet tall.. and they said: "Don't worry about it".