Saturday, September 23, 2006

A long, dry spell

I have been off the radio for a while, unfortunately. I had to go to Tennessee for my uncle James's funeral and I really did not feel like operating when I got back. That meant that I missed the Salmon Run that I was going to work with Larry. I was really looking forward to that. But, I will try to get with him and schedule another contest weekend with him soon. I did get on the radio yesterday for a few hours and had a good time. I found that I was last on the radio on the 11th. That was a whole 11 days off the radio!!! NOT GOOD for me! And then I have a trip to High Point, NC soon so I won't be on the radio then, but I will be able to have the weekend off to do a little radio. So, it was good to get back on the air. I did work a new one for me yesterday, Turkey. I worked my friend, Henry (TA9F). I have worked him before when he was in Miami using the call KA4UFT and had a long and fun QSO with him. I first thought he was at home and then I realized that he was in Turkey, so it was great to talk to an old friend and get a new one at the same time!!!

I also added France, Great Britain, Sweden, Iceland and Italy in the log. It was a nice afternoon radio-wise! I called one guy in Iceland and then he passed me over to his friend, so I got a two for one deal there.

I am hoping to work a little in the TX QSO Party this weekend, but I have our church's 50th anniversary dinner tonight and to work until 4pm, so I won't be able to work much, but I will work a few. I have never been in a TX QSO Party, so it will be interesting, I am sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is the new antenna working?