Thursday, December 06, 2007

It's a conspiracy.....

 

This weekend is the ARRL 10 meter contest.  It has been a favorite for me since 1994 when I was a Technician class with only 10 meter phone privileges.  I am planning to work the contest from Larry’s (W3MGL) station and take advantage of his quad.  I need to get him back into the shack, so I was hoping to at least have him come in and take a peek at me from time to time.  I can’t remember the last time he had his Jupiter on the air.  

 

So far, my Sunday School class party has taken a few hours from me during the start of the contest.  That will keep me off the air until at least 10 or 11 local time.  Now, I have found out that Emma (my fantastic 4 year old) is scheduled to be singing on Sunday night at our church service, so that will take the end of the contest out.  So, I must concentrate on the middle!!!  My only goal is to score more than last year.  This should not be a problem, as Larry even beat me last year!!

 

So, I am hoping that this year’s contest will give me a better score, get Larry back on the air and be fun for all.

 

See you in the contest!!!!

No comments: