Friday, November 23, 2007

10 meter contest next

Well, now that Sweepstakes is over, it is on to the next one!  That next one is the ARRL 10 meter contest in December.  I am going to do something a little different.  The plan is to operate from Larry’s (W3MGL) shack in this one.  There are a couple of reasons for this.  The first is to blow some of the cobwebs out of his Jupiter.  The second is to see if I can get him motivated to get in the shack some and operate.  He has slowed down a bit and that is not good for a contester!!!  

 

Of course, Larry has been doing this for as long as I have been alive.  But, it still is tough for me to stand by and watch him not contest since he has such a good contest station.  So, I am hoping to beat last year’s score in this one and at the same time light a fire under my elmer to get him in the shack once again.

No comments: