Sunday, March 18, 2007

In the middle of a contest

Well, it is just after midnight and I have pulled the plug on the VA QSO Party for the night. I had a few nice runs on 20 and 80 meters tonight after getting a late start because I had to watch Emma since Allyson was at a bridal shower. The contest got off to a slow start for me, but then it heated up nicely. I am right now about 30 QSO's short of last year and have more multipliers than last year. I should be able to beat last year's results with no problem. I am going over to Larry's in the morning to help him get a couple of things done before he goes to the hospital to bring Toisie home. I am so thankful that he loaned me his IC-718. It is a good radio and appears to be more sensitive than the TS-440S. I am hearing lots of stations that I probably would not have heard using the Kenwood. But, it was not bad for a 20 year old radio. I still have not made up my mind on if I will repair it or replace it. I am just waiting for the right deal to surface.

I was getting tired at the end of my last 80 meter run and was making some errors. Not in the log, but on the air. So, I decided that it was time to turn in. I still have all afternoon and tomorrow evening after I get home from church. So, I should have a better result to send in.

I will post the results tomorrow after the contest ends..........

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How is Larry and Toisie doing?